Monday, June 13, 2011

Dress Drama Averted

Last week I touched upon the fact that I wasn't sure about my dress. Well, I'm here to tell you that the feelings that I was having last week are now gone. I went to my final fitting on Friday (I know it's super early to be having a final fitting) and I took my mother with me this time. She's been absent from a couple of them due to scheduling and hadn't been able to see the progress of the dress as it was taking shape.

I was very apprehensive about the final product because we had discussed a couple of final tweaks that I wanted to make and I wasn't sure if it would be done to my liking but I wouldn't have any other chances to fix it because again, it was my final fitting. But nevertheless, we arrived and I was antsy and slipped into the gown, walked out and stood in front of the mirror. For the first time, I really liked what I saw. I was truly happy about the dress I was wearing and all the suggestions and little tweaks here and there resulted in something I was excited about.

I think the icing on the cake was the fact that my mother teared up for the first time. I think I was secretly waiting for that reaction the entire time and that was a great confirmation.

I'm going to hold off on pics for now as I get my wedding day look put together. But for reference here's my dress, not in it's final state, but pretty darn close.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad the crisis was averted..it's a beautiful dress and the fact that your mother cried..def. says it all..you're going to be just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete