Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm Afraid...

Quick Update: Sorry for being MIA for the past month. I've been extremely busy trying to get everything straight for the invitation suite and doing some faux calligraphy on our envelopes, which I will share in a later post. We're this close to sending them out to all of our guests and I can't wait to see how the guestlist shapes up. So stay posted...

In other news, I'm nervous about my dress. I'm afraid that I'm not in love with it...or is it just wedding jitters as we're getting closer and closer to the big day. To recap my dress journey or lack there of...I found the dress at Filene's Basement Running of the Brides, I didn't try on any dresses previous to that adventure but I did look at massive amounts of gowns in magazines. I bought the dress knowing that I wanted to make tweaks to it and I found my ultimate inspiration to help guide the work of my seamstress.

And now that I'm at the point of my final fitting with my seamstress (coming up thursday or friday) I'm not sure that I'm in love. Maybe it's not that I dislike the dress because it does have all the aspects that I was looking for, but maybe it's that I'm more disappointed that I didn't explore all my options through bridal salons to get a better feel for what I wanted. I was very intimidated by the entire idea of the bridal salons but I think I might have made a mistake with just getting the first bargain that came my way.

I'm torn as to what I should do because we're only 73 days away from the wedding. Do I start looking at sample dresses and start over to either confirm my love with my dress or find a new one. Either way I need to decide quickly as time is ticking. I know there are other brides who have found a dress in less time, but is it just nervous jitters or real regret...

Did you have any conflicting feelings over your dress purchase after it was all said and done?

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, never been a bride but I think this picture is gorgeous. There are so many dresses and pretty things to choose from that I think you did the right thing in taking that plunge and going kamakaze w/your choice. This way youve stayed within budget and there are no regrets everytime you see something else you perceive to be bigger and better. Even if you truly dont love it (which I doubt) as long as it looks fantastic on you (so hound this woman to make it a custom fit) you wont care in the end. Remember its a dress not the whole wedding. Enjoy! As a person whose been everything from except a pastor and a bride (ive been in a billion weddings and love each and everyone of those experiences) wasting any minute amount of time fretting over the dress will just be a bummer it all goes so fast. Good luck and cant wait to see pics of your fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gisele Thx Gisele. Those were really sweet words and you're definitely right. Everything has worked itself out. I'm happy and the fretting is now over.

    ReplyDelete