Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dresses for the Ladies

I've put it off for a while now and without my fantastic MOH there still wouldn't be any new news regarding dress shopping or selection. It just hasn't been one of my priorities thus far. However, throughout the process I knew a couple of things:
  1. I would select the color of the dress
  2. I would select a range of dress designs that I liked within a specific line (i.e. Dessy, David's, Lela Rose)
  3. The girls would have free reign within those two restrictions to select the gown that they wanna rock on my big day
Based on #1 here's the color that we're gong for:
Pantone Merlot
From #2 here are some of the dress options that we're considering:
Top Row: All Alfred Angelo via Dessy.com; Bottom Row: Lela Rose and Cynthia Rowley via Dessy.com

Before I got deep into wedding planning bliss, I received some advice from a wedding planner friend...whatever you do, do NOT take all your bridesmaids with you dress shopping, you will only leave with a headache and possibly be very annoyed with your ladies. With this advice, me and a 2 of my girls, one being the MOH, went dress shopping on Saturday in Old Town Alexandria to a Le Star Bridal to scope out some of our faves. Did I mention that this was the first time I stepped foot into a bridal salon (besides David's) and I didn't even tempt myself into looking for anything for myself...it took a little will power because there were some lovely dresses on display as we walked in, but i digress...

I think overall it was a successful trip despite a couple things that annoyed me about the shop (but that's another story). We used this shopping trip to narrow down our options and we left knowing that we had found all of our dress options. Shopping success!

I'll reveal the finalists in a later post.

How was your experience dress shopping with your bridesmaids?

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to do the same thing - find a color and fabric, and let my girls pick their dress from there. Love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @steph c It has definitely been much more stress free that way. Plus everyone will feel more comfortable with a dress that best suits their body type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only went with two bridesmaids, too and I think that is great advice. So far your choices look great!

    ReplyDelete