Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sailing Away


It was sort of a no brainer when we started talking about our honeymoon destination. We pretty much knew that we would be taking a cruise on one of Royal Caribbean's new line of ships from the Oasis Class, either the Oasis or the Allure. These ships are basically small cities roaming the seas, complete with a neighborhoods like Central Park and the Boardwalk just to name a few.

Mr. B and I had the wonderful opportunity of going with my side of the family on a 7 day cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2009. We were with my rather large family of about 20+ aunts, uncles, cousins and my grandparents of course. And we had a blast! When the trip was over we knew we definitely wanted to go again in the future. And there is no better time to take our second cruise together than as husband and wife.

I've been on about 4 cruises, all of them Royal Caribbean and we never considered any other cruiseline. I get some major perks from being a past cruiser and I've loved my experience with their company. We're going to take an Eastern Caribbean itinerary which makes the following port stops:
  • Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
  • Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We haven't picked an actual sail date but we hope to go within 3 weeks of our actual wedding date, of course the sooner the better.

Was picking your honeymoon destination a no brainer?

    2 comments:

    1. royal carribbean is def. the best, agreed! You're going to love it! My fiance and I have been saying for years we want to go to Italy together..so it was pretty much a no brainer for us, too.

      ReplyDelete
    2. @Saying I do Your honeymoon sounds like so much fun with all the different cities you'll be visiting. Italy is also on my list of must-see places for the future.

      ReplyDelete