Monday, February 7, 2011

The Road to My Dream Dress

As some of you already know I found my dress at the Running of the Brides event here in DC last summer, if you didn't you can read about here. I like my dress but when I bought it I knew there were some things that I would like to change about it, namely the neckline and tweak the shape a bit. To me they're minor things but I have an alterations appointment tonight and I guess she'll let me know what's minor and what's major including costs.

I'm sure you want to see what my dress currently looks like, well...



I still have to get the pics off my camera. So my next post will feature some of those shots. But for now, I'll leave you with some beautiful pictures of my dream dress which will serve as inspiration for transforming my current dress. I'm excited for the possibilities!

The dress pictured is style no. 9051 made by Alvina Valenta. All pics are from their site here.


The thing I love about this dress which I want to incorporate into my current dress is the delicate lace detail which traces the neckline. The sweetheart style neckline is also a favorite and the shape of the dress as well. I don't know how I feel about the ribbon belt at this moment, so we'll see if that ends up in the final gown design.

Did your dress go through major alterations?

5 comments:

  1. I've seen that Valenta before.. I love it! I like the ribbon, personally, but it's whatever fits you and your style. The best part is that it's easy to add or or take off, no major alteration needed to have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! that's going to look great on you! I'm having my fitting on Saturday and we'll see what if any alterations need to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    @Saying I do good luck with your first fitting.
    @steph c That is very true and I love accessories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog! The dress is beautiful and I can't wait to see it all come together! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete