Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Keeping the Girls Up to Date

Before I started blogging my heart out, I started to think of ways to communicate my wedding plans with all my bridesmaids. I knew that I didn't want to constantly call each one of them and just spill the beans about my wedding, that would get annoying for them, even though I wouldn't mind talking about weddings 24/7. So of I googled and checked out a couple of bridesmaid newsletters on the web and I figured that would be the perfect thing for me to do. It wouldn't be too long but it would definitely get all the important stuff out there. Here's the information that I included:
  • Intro - something short and sweet so they knew what was up
  • Bridal Party contact info -With one out of town chick and the others off doing their grown woman thing I figured cellphone and emails were sufficient to help enable any future communications
  • Ceremony and Reception details - names and addresses for each, they could always google the rest if they were interested
  • My First Inspiration Board & Color Palette- I was hoping that this would give them a quick glimpse into my wedding vision, it even had a pic of my reception venue
  • Some Details - I decided to dive a little deeper into my vision of the day just because that's the first thing people always ask me
  • Their Roles - I wanted to make sure they knew a little bit about what I was expecting from them as a bridesmaid. Relax, no bridezilla stuff over here like they must wear their hair in a ballerina bun or must diet for 8 months. I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page
  • What Next (For You) - This was to help clue them into what was priority in the upcoming months and this issue focused on dress selection so that they could start getting ideas of how much they would like to spend and even start researching dresses they may like
  • What's Next (For Us): I also wanted to let them know what we would be busy with so that in the next installment they would have some details to look forward to.
So the way I planned it they would receive a new issue every 3 months and an additional one the month of the wedding so that everyone has the most up-to-date info. I'll be posting the newsletter design and a simple tutorial in a couple of days so look out for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment