Tuesday, December 21, 2010

No Barney Purple Here Folks!


I've been talking alot about various wedding related things such as our photographer, ceremony venue and wedding planners but I haven't really shared any design related details about our day yet. So the next couple of posts will be dedicated to all things wedding vision and inspiration related. Enjoy!

First up, our color palette.
Our colors from left to right: wine, raspberry, deep fushia, gray, silver

Somehow when I started thinking about what I wanted my wedding to convey the color silver was always there. Its such a chic color, I love metallics and like gray it brings a touch of modern edge. I knew that I needed another key color to really pop and add some sophistication to the mix...and from there I fell in love with the deep purple color I like to call "wine" purple. Now, I've never been a fan of purple in the past, because whenever I think of the color purple that nasty barney purple always comes to mind. And that just wouldn't work. The other colors will be accents and will be incorporated into all elements of the decor. Using just 2 colors would be too simple for us.

Here is another color palette along with the inspiration boards which I considered, which is from 100layercake.com, another one of my wedding blog faves.


Next up...I'll share my inspiration board and theme for the wedding.

2 comments: