Wednesday, April 6, 2011

And the Winner Is...

I posted recently about my shoe situation but I'm happy to announce that I have finally picked a shoe. Here were my original 4 options:
Clockwise from top left - Enzo Angiolini Cristle, Merryann, Sully, Mezzo
Then I went to the mall with my mom and we found all but one, Mezzo. But I wasn't dissappointed because it wasn't one of my super faves anyway. I did end up trying on all three pairs and Sully was the odd shoe out. Even though I thought I wanted a platform, I definitely didn't feel too stable in these babies. They looked lovely on but I almost tripped a couple times just prancing through Nordstrom. So those were a definite no go. I've had a long standing shopping rule which is to never buy something from the first store I stop in (don't ask me why or how I came up with this but I think it has to do with the fact that I'm always holding out for a better deal) so I put the shoes on hold while we continued our search.

And I'm so happy we continued. We ventured to Macy's where we became super excited because the glittery Enzo Merryann that you see in the right above with the gold heel, well we found a pair that had a silver heel (sorry I don't have a pic)...I didn't know these existed! My eyeballs almost popped out of my head when I saw those, it was one of those hallelujah moments. Nevertheless, I bought two pairs of shoes and now I had a choice to make between these two:
Enzo Angiolini Cristle and Merryann

So I proceeded to try them on with my dress and stare blankly at a mirror for a couple minutes in each pair, then with one on each foot. But I still couldn't make a decision. Finally, it was the day of my fitting and I needed to take the pair of shoes with me that I'd be wearing so she could hem the dress properly. So it was down to the wire. I tried on the dress one more time and let my mom be the judge. She chose this pair:

Enzo Angiolini Cristle
Since both pairs are the same height I could've taken either pair and ended up alright, in terms of alterations. But I ended taking the pair that my mom selected and when I showed Mrs. F the shoes her reaction said it all. I had found my shoes...finally! 

Now I just need to take the other pair back before I change my mind again.

1 comment:

  1. They're both stunners!! I'm going through this right now.. I have yet to do a dress fitting with the shoes, but that will probably determine it for me ;)

    Glad you finally found a pair!

    ReplyDelete