Friday, April 1, 2011

The Road to My Dream Dress Starts Here

Source
I have my official first dress fitting tomorrow with my alterations lady . Let's call her Mrs. F. For now let's recap... back in mid February I had my first meeting with Mrs. F. During this meeting I tried on my dress gave her these pictures and we discussed how she works, her experience and what the general cost would be. She's a wonderful woman from London, I think, and she's super nice and open to all my ideas and she was also very realistic. She explained to me the different changes that I was interested in making to the dress in terms of how labor intensive those specific changes could be. Of course, more labor = more $$$. I wasn't expecting the estimate of the cost of the alterations to be as high as it was, but I don't want just anyone touching my dress and I have faith in Mrs. B, even though my mom was giving her the side-eye for a majority of the meeting.

But right after the dress meeting I realized that I wasn't in the physical condition that I wanted to be in for my next fitting let alone my wedding day. I'm going to attribute this situation to massive amounts of pizza eating while in the office. I'm talking it was pizza every week and sometimes twice a week. We were hooked. But I have to take some kind of accountability so I started to workout and we've since quit our random pizza binges. And for the past 4 weeks I've been going pretty hard in the workout department and I've lost about 2 lbs. I know I've probably lost more inches vs. actual weight and I'm fine with that because I'm feeling a little sleeker and I'm liking the results of my efforts.

At this time, I'm feeling pretty good about my appointment tomorrow. I know I still have work to do, but I don't feel like I'll be going there tomorrow in pitiful shape and in 2 months when I go to see Mrs. F again she'll have to take the dress in a lot more because I've done a major body overhaul.

I'll be back Monday to let everyone know how this went.

Did anything unexpected happen at your first dress fitting?

2 comments:

  1. best of luck! Nothing unusual happened at my dress fitting other then it was the first time I tried to sit in my dress...very ...interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be ok! I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to alter the dress a bit, especially since it's being made and fitted exactly for your body. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete