Monday, April 18, 2011

Wedding Day Hair Possibilities

Since I've found my shoes, woo hoo! And highly contemplating my veil or hair flower options, one of the other major considerations is...my hair! Getting these thoughts together will really help toward finalizing my complete wedding day look. I've been conjuring up images in my mind of what I want my hair to look like and then of course I did a massive google image search and came up with these:


I like the elegant look of a sleek low bun. But I'm also drawn to those which are slightly messy, still in an elegant way, like Jessica Alba above. Particularly for me, since I have some hair challenges in the summer, i.e. slight sweat can bring on frizziness and sometimes extreme puffiness. That could've been slightly dramatic. But I know that with an August wedding and my hair texture and behavior that a combination like that is not suitable to wearing my hair down in any shape or fashion. And besides if I did an all down or half up half down type of style I'd be fiddling with it all day out of nervousness and I would be constantly checking it to make sure that it still looked the right way. So that very brief idea was quickly nixed.

Once I find someone who can do these looks within a reasonable price range (or experiment and test it out myself) I'll be able to determine if my inspiration actually translates into reality.

What kind of look are you going for on your wedding day?

2 comments:

  1. i do like the sleek low bun but my vote is something more messy. the only reason i vote messy is because your hair is always sleek, so the messy bun keeps ur style with a bit of jazz! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my trial a while ago and settled on a french twist, but i'm having a second trial in a few weeks because I'm torn again! I kind of want a soft/romantic half up half down look! It's so hard to know!

    ReplyDelete