Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Obsessed with Tessa Kim

After tackling the major last minute to-do of the bridesmaid dress decision, today we're gonna talk veils. Not just any veils Tessa Kim veils. They're beautiful, soft and just great. I put off the thought of having a veil for a while because I just didn't want to put in the time to think about my wedding day look. But as I've started to think more about my hair, figured out my shoes, and purchased some jewelry, there's one obvious thing missing...a veil.

I see many birdcage veils that I think look really cool and beautiful like these:
Sara Gabriel "Wendy"

Sara Gabriel "Marilyn"
But for some reason I can't really envision myself in any of them. I don't think I'd be able to pull off anything like that. Then one day while browsing weddingbee, I saw a lovely veil, this one to be exact.

Tessa Kim - Mini Tulle Birdcage Veil
Then I dug a little deeper and found this one...

Tessa Kim - 18 inch tulle veil

But I still don't think those are quite right for me. The first one has what I like to describe as an elegant edginess. And I did like the second one, but the more I looked at it, it keeps reminding me of a tulle helmet.

I kept browsing through her site and I kept stumbling upon one lovely creation after another. And I must add that they are all very affordable, most under $100. That's another reason I love her and her designs.But then I started thinking, do I want to buy a veil and only wear it once and probably for a maximum of 2 hours the entire day. Or maybe find a pretty hair flower that I can wear all day. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

I'm still thinking about what I'll do. But here are my top two veil contenders from Tessa Kim:

Tessa Kim - 11 in tulle birdcage veil

Tessa Kim - Elbow length tulle veil
There's an obvious commonality between them all....tulle. I love it because it provides the softness that I think I'm looking for. And it doesn't have a bunch of sparkle which I like and they're simple.

Like many other things, I have a choice to make. And now I'm on the hunt for hair flowers....first stop Tessa Kim!

2 comments:

  1. She has some awesome veils, for sure. I love the look of the tulle birdcages - I've only ever seen the netted ones!

    I always thought I'd have a veil.. and everyone keeps telling me I should wear one because hey, when else do you get to wear a veil?? But.. I found this sparkly head piece that I'm just in love with, and I really don't think a veil is an option anymore.

    Either way you go.. veil or flower.. you'll look great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that 2nd one from the bottom and think that will be great on you!

    ReplyDelete