Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Think I'm on a Roll

I talked a couple of weeks ago in this post about not being able to choose between a full service planner and just a day of coordinator. And I even weighed the pros and cons of each. After all of that, I still couldn't decide, because this little thing called a wedding budget kept lingering in the back of my mind. And I really didn't want to make a bad decision, have I mentioned that I really tend to over-think and analyze things ALOT. And this was no exception.

I really went back in forth in my mind many times over, thinking about all the extra stuff that we could do with the money that we would be using to pay for the coordinator. I mean at the very least we definitely knew that we were going to get a DOC. But should we splurge for the full service option instead? This picture pretty much sums up my demeanor leading up to this decision.
Source
I talked some more with my fiance to really try and air out my concerns one last time. And all my concerns really had to do with money, I mean when planning such an event what concerns don't. But the one thing that put everything over the edge was that, using the full service planning option could really help us to save money overall, especially on the big ticket items which we hadn't booked yet, namely the caterer.  And since we only talked with one event planning company we didn't have to make another hard choice between two companies, we knew who we were going with.

So without further ado, the wonderful ladies of DIYva Designs will be helping us organize and plan our budget DIY wedding from semi-start (since I already have some stuff booked) to finish and I can't wait for the fun to begin. We chose them because their company concept really meshed well with what we are trying to accomplish. I don't wanna get into a sales pitchy but...they specialize in helping couples design and construct their wedding on the budget that they have all the while assisting and advising you on your own DIY projects!

I can't wait to get started and see what great ideas they come up with. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: