Sunday, March 27, 2011

They're Done!

On Saturday I went to the post office with my mom to mail out our save the dates. I didn't do anything too fancy with the packaging the actual photocard, I didn't feel the need to spend any extra money on this aspect. I'll definitely be putting more effort into the invitations though.

As you saw in my semi-reveal, we decided to go with a photo save the date. And I really liked the way they turned out. We also received plain white envelopes but I felt like I needed a little something to dress them up a bit. Plus I don't think my handwriting is that great to be able to address all the envelopes in a legible manner. So we went with wrap around labels. Our planners created the design and I added the addresses to each using powepoint. I printed them out on full sheet labels and then proceeded to spend about 30 minutes cutting each one out. Suffice it to say that I could have really benefited from a paper cutter (my next wedding related purchase). Here they are before being cut out:


And here's the finished product. I didn't think I would care that much about the look of postage, but for some reason as soon as I stepped in line to buy the stamps I was hopeful that they had something that would coordinate well with the wrap around labels. And that woman at the post office made my day when she pulled out the perfect stamp, it even has the word love on it. I never thought I would care about this small detail but sometimes bride brain takes over and this was one of those moments.
The stack ready to be mailed out

Front

Back
The cost breakdown:
  • 100 Photo postcards from Vistaprint - $12 (I only paid for shipping and didn't use all the postcards)
  • Avery Full Sheet Labels - $12
  • Postage - $22
The final cost for my save the dates are $46.00. I think that was pretty good for my first semi-diy project.

6 comments:

  1. Those labels look great! And I love the final price, not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love wrap around labels, they're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on mailing:) They look lovely! It is such a relief when they are on their way isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the love everyone. It was my of first few DIY projects and was so happy to send them off. On to the invites...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable detail. I'd love a poll of folks who choose not to do postcards because the lovely USPS had ONE option for those stamps... polar bears! UGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! They look so great and fantastic price!

    ReplyDelete