Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Save the Dates: A Prelude


I'm so excited to announce that our save the dates are designed and printed. We initially wanted to go with magnets but quickly realized that we didn't want to pay for them. Plus as a couple of my bridesmaids so wisely stated...people can use their own magnets to stick it to the fridge if they wanna.

So instead, we ordered postcards from Vistaprint, despite my apprehension in terms of overall quality. And luckily they turned out great. Plus, there was a major perk...they were absolutely free and all I had to do was pay for shipping. And to top it off they came with simple white envelopes all for free that we'll use to mail them out. I don't think we could've gotten a better deal than that.

I've written about my penny-pinching drama with wondering why I hired a planner but each day they are proving their overall value more and more. They created the design for the postcard and designed some wonderful wrap-around labels to spice up the plain white envelope. I couldn't be happier. Here's the pic we decided to go with...

I will reveal the final design and cost breakdown next week. But I'm so happy with how they turned out and we're on schedule with sending them out to everyone. Now I just have to track down a couple addresses...

What kind of save the date did you decide to send your guests.

2 comments:

  1. OOOH can't wait to see the final products!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we made "tickets" and sent them out to our guests. I love that picture, can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete