Monday, November 15, 2010

Full vs. DOC Services...How Does a Girl Choose

Back to the wedding planner situation...the fiance and I had a chance to meet with one of the "real" wedding planners this weekend that we've been exchanging emails with over the past couple of months. And their company and concept is just what I'm looking for and its definitely what I need.  Going into the brief session I was pretty sure that we were just looking for a day of coordinator (DOC). But after the meeting and hearing all the questions that she asked us, I sort of felt like a fish out of water AGAIN (for like millionth time). And I'm beginning to think that this is another part of the process that should also be left to a professional.

But again, the practical part of me is saying we shouldn't spend so much of our money on said professional and just stick with DOC services. But this is the exact reason why I having another opinion in this whole process is so critical because my fiance played devil's advocate and really helped me weigh out both options and consider the full picture, not just $$. Here's what we came up with...

Full Planner vs. DOC Pros:
  • Takes care of negotiations - fiance doesn't negotiate and I'd like to think I have the skills but they're honestly sub-par at best
  • Can save us $$$ - so the ROI could potentially be the key thing in this whole process
  • Help us craft our vision - really brings our vision to life
  • Provide great alternatives that we would have never thought of
  
Full Planner vs. DOC Cons:
  • Financial investment - did I mention I'm on a budget
  • I don't like to give up control  - over anything
We still have some thinking to do before we definitely decide one way or the other, but I do know for sure that they're the company we will be using. Once a firm decision is made, I'll reveal who we chose, so you can see how wonderful they are for yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment