Monday, November 29, 2010

The College Years...Part II & Finale

When we last left off, I was finishing up my freshman year at Pitt and basically submitting my transfer application to UMD. That was definitely a difficult year in more ways than one. Fast forward to sophomore year, I'm now at UMD, and I couldn't be happier. I was closer to home (well actually living at home), less stressed out financially and I was with my bestfriend aka my fiance, who was also attending UMD. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Sophomore through Junior year were seemingly uneventful. I mean there was the typical college stuff, nothing I need to go into detail about though. But senior year would prove to be the best year yet. We were both getting senioritis and were just ready to be done with the whole thing. I was lucky enough to have found a job early on and was sitting pretty for the final semester. And a couple weeks before graduation, I knew something was up...he had something up his sleeve, but I couldn't really put my finger on it and he didn't cave under my pressure tactics. Until one day when we randomly ventured out into DC for a day, and he planned everything, start to finish. I mean he does these things now but back then, this was a first.
African-American Civil War Memorial, learn more

We strolled around U St., ate at the famed Ben's Chili Bowl and topped the day off with a wonderful dessert from Cake Love, you know, the one that was featured on the Food Network sometime back (yes, I'm slightly obsessed with that channel). Even though we are both from the DC area we had never taken the time to explore the city like we should have or wanted to, so this was perfect. Just when I thought we were heading back to campus, we stopped at the African-American Civil War Memorial and that's when/where it happened...he proposed! It wasn't crazy romantic, but it was totally him, and perfectly us. And like I said before, I'm horrible with dates, so yeah, I just know it's around the time of April 2007. So there you have it folks the quick and dirty of how we met, stayed together through college and found ourselves engaged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment