Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Road to the Perfect Photographer

You've gotten a glimpse into the type of photography that I adore and get frequent crushes on and I've also mentioned how we couldn't make up our minds regarding two fabulous photographers. But now I'll tell you how we reached that point.

Like any other wedding related task it starts with google. I wanted to learn everything there was about wedding photography - what are the prices, what does it entail, what am I in for...you know the typical stuff. But I also wanted to know what some other regular people like me were doing in terms of choosing their photographers, so I headed over Weddingbee. I searched the boards many times over, local boards, general boards, blogs, etc reading any and everything that I could. I came across a local post on a DC board which was really helpful where many brides talked about who their photographers were and their photography budgets. It really helped me to see who people were using and research portfolios. I quickly learned what type of photography I was into and wasn't into. That's where I discovered my local photography crush which would prove to be out of my price range. And believe me I was convinced this person was the end all be all, I had even setup a meeting with the woman. But I eventually canceled when I talked some sense into myself and came back to reality. 

I found the following websites to be a great resource and I'll go into more detail on how they helped me in a later post. So for now, that's it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment