Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The College Years...Part I

We left off at senior year of high school...yes, we went to prom together, and that summer was the best summer EVER up to that point. We literally spent every waking moment together. This was primarily because at the end of summer I was moving away to Pittsburgh to start my freshman year of college at Pitt and he was staying local. To say the least we were dreading my departure day.

Leaving for Pitt, I felt a new sense of independence, I was starting something new, going to meet new people and have lots of new experiences. And those first couple of months were just that really fun and exciting. But I started to get homesick and maybe even lovesick. Traveling home for the holidays (on Greyhound...I could write a whole post about that experience) was always bittersweet because it seemed like as soon as I got there it was time to go back north. There just wasn't enough time. We probably spent wayyy too much time talking to one another; our phone marathon sessions as I'd like to call them. They probably contributed to my first 'C' ever! Needless to say, I was planning my transfer back to MD before I even hit my second semester (believe me it wasn't all for love...that out of state tuition was a killer!). I transferred to University of Maryland and our story continues...

0 comments:

Post a Comment