Friday, November 19, 2010

How We Met

Long story short, were high school sweethearts who have lived in the same MD suburb for a majority of our lives only to cross paths once we get into high school land. But I know you want the back story so here it is...


We had classes together every year, however, neither one of us ever showed an interest in the other...I guess we had other ideas. It wasn't until our 11th grade year that we really began to build a really great friendship...he was funny, silly, easy to talk to and it just worked. But the fun of the summer ensued and we lost touch, not because we were busy doing other things...but as we would both later reveal to one another...because we were stubborn. Yep I said it, stubborn. We were both waiting on the other to call and we both refused to be one to make the call. As senior year rolled around, I think we both wanted our telephone time back and the silence was broken.

We talked and talked and it's not like he never showed an interest in building a real relationship with me but for some reason I couldn't let him out of the dreaded "friend-zone". I don't know whether I didn't take him seriously (did I mention he can be really silly) or the fact that I actually liked him too but didn't want to be vulnerable. Anyway you spin it, we didn't really make our relationship official until senior year was almost over. So for all the guys out there persistence does pay off...at least in our case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment