Tuesday, January 11, 2011

$1.75 for Badgley Mischka's


I;m not kidding and yes, I know it's a little unbelievable but read on you'll understand in a few.

For my birthday this past September I received a $100 Gap giftcard and was told that I could use at any of their sister stores, i.e. Old Navy, Banana Republic Athleta or Piperlime. Seriously, I can buy fabulous shoes with my Gap giftcard! To say the least I was excited. I began the search for an awesome pair of wedding shoes and fell in love with these babies...

Badgley Mischka Hyde
*All photos from Piperlime.com

I was in love, my heart melted. But then I saw the price which at the time was like $150 or something like that and even with the giftcard I didn't want to shell out $50 for them because I just knew I could get a better deal if I was patient. So I stalked the website almost everyday, wondering if they would have a sale or some special promocode that I could use...but nothing. Until one day in November, it happened, they were on sale for $119 and there was a promocode for 20% off! I scooped them up with no hesitation, and with the giftcard I paid a whopping $1.75 for my pair of Badgley Mischka Hyde wedding shoes. I was on cloud nine and couldn't wait until they were in my hands.

When they arrived I tried them on and pranced around for bit, showed my mom and ignored my brother who thought I was crazy. But I only had them on for a good 5 minutes and my feet were throbbing! How was I going to make it through an entire day? I reminded myself that they were new, you just have to break em in, they'll be fine. So I tried them on at least once a week for about a  month. But I had to be realistic, they were just too narrow and there's not much I can do about that and they probably weren't going to get any more comfortable than they already were.

I waited a while but I returned the shoes last week. I thought I had one piece of my wedding day attire figured out but now it's back on my to-do list. I really didn't want to return them but I know that I can find a more comfortable and comparably attractive shoe, so I'm back to stalking Piperlime again. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are to die for.. I'm so sorry they didn't work out!! But on the bright side.. you found it out enough in advance so you still have time to find another pair.

    Being a girl sucks sometimes. Silly heels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @steph c It definitely sucks sometimes, I was so sad to see them go. But I'm hopeful that with spring and summer coming up that I will have a good amount of shoes to choose from.

    ReplyDelete