Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gettin' Right for Life


It's the new year and everyone has their new year's resolutions and the FI and I were talking the other day about the popular resolution that most people make...to either lose weight, get in shape, or lead a healthier life. We estimated that this is probably on about 80% of people's lists but based on our prior success with this resolution we guesstimate that only 15-20% actually keep and follow through with it.

And once again it's on my list. Now I'm going to be honest here...I don't necessarily need to lose weight, I'm at a healthy weight as is. But I do feel like I could definitely be healthier overall and lead a more active lifestyle, so here are a few of the things that I will be working on throughout the year and beyond:
  • Eating healthy and nutritious meals on a consistent basis...I find myself eating out too often on the weekends when the routine of the work week falls by the wayside so I want to start cooking more often as well as finding quick pre-made alternatives that are just as healthy.
  • Find workouts that I don't dread...I really, really hate the treadmill, so I'm all about finding some alternatives to getting in some good quality cardio in another fashion. But I'm also going to start doing yoga on a consistent basis too.

And in the end who doesn't want to look their best on their wedding day. But being as though that's just one day, I really want to build habits that will stick with me way past just my wedding day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment