Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Dreaded To-do: The Website

I know it has to be done...but I really don't feel like working on this wedding website...uggh. I just haven't been that excited about it. But we have made a little headway...we chose the website provider mywedding.com and the design...see



I had to remove some of the personal info but you get the picture. For a while, I was looking for designs that matched my color scheme thinking that it would flow so nicely. But it was difficult to find a design that I liked that blended well with what I had going on. So I gave up that idea and just went with a design that we both liked.

And in terms of selecting mywedding.com, it was mostly because of the long list of design options that were available along with the different features that they have for me to use. I doubt that I will be using all of them because based on the type of guests that I have coming , I highly doubt that they will 1) remember that I have a website and 2) if they do remember, they're probably easily impressed so I don't need anything fancy.

The part that I'm dreading is actually adding the content but since we'll be sending out our save the dates shortly which will include our website name I need to get on the ball and make some updates. I'm thinking that I'm just going to keep it simple and straightforward. I'll give the people the information that will be helpful, provide a sneak peek into the wedding, add some FAQ's, yadda, yadda, yadda.

As you can see, this is one thing I'm not very enthusiastic about...yet. That could change though.

What's the one thing (or 2) that you aren't (or weren't) too excited about tackling?

2 comments:

  1. we used projectwedding.com (you can see ours at projectwedding.com/jacinandpatrick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops sorry! i gave you the wrong link: http://www.projectwedding.com/ourwedding/jacinandpatrick/

    i liked this site because there were no ads and it was very customizable!

    ReplyDelete