Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cupcakes or Traditional Cake...I'll Take Both

We are lovers of all things dessert but I think cupcakes are our number one fave. And when I started thinking about what our cake was going to look like, I somehow started to gravitate towards pictures like these:

Kitchen Musings

Source
Style Me Pretty
When I first mentioned the idea to my mom, she was not that ecstatic, being the wedding traditionalist that she is. Of course, in her mind we should be having a 4 tiered wedding cake. And there's nothing wrong with that because I happen to like to the look of these as well:

Style Me Pretty

Project Wedding
The Sweetest Occasion

But after really thinking and getting back to our core preferences I think we'll be going with a hybrid of the two. A muti-tiered stand full of delicious homemade cupcakes (did I mention his mom is a great baker, she just doesn't know that I want her to help me make all these cupcakes yet, shhh) with a simple 3 layered 6 inch cake at the very top for us to cut and savor on the big day. I haven't decided whether I want to outsource the top tier or go DIY all the way.

I think this will save us a ton of money and bring a lot of fun and personality to the wedding. Now I have to start thinking about cupcake flavors and decorations...yumm!

2 comments:

  1. The combo is a great idea! Best of both worlds! (hi from WB!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the second cake from Project Wedding. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete