Monday, January 10, 2011

My First Wedding Project...The Bridal Party Ask

My FI had a pretty easy time figuring our who would be his bestman and groomsmen. I on the other hand, had a little difficulty. We both knew that we didn't want a huge wedding party so we kept it to four on each side. So after some more indecision (I'll get into that in a later post), I had my 4 girls and I was so excited to ask them. For some of them it would be a no brainer that they would be in my bridal party and for others it would be a surprise. But for each of them I wanted to do something simple and sweet to formally ask them to join me on my big day. So I decided to create little invitations for each girl.

Here's the final product (please excuse the picture quality, I'll do better next time), MOH got a different design and the remaining 3 bridesmaids received this design:

Front
The front of the card features a design motif I found on the Wedding Chicks blog here and here and fell in love with them so I didn't have any real design work to do that piece (I chose 2 different designs, but you could always work with just one). They even let you customize the design to your choice of colors and specific wording. I love it!
Back
The back features a simple quote from Aretha Franklin that I found while browsing my Glamour mag one month. It really sums up how I feel about each of the friendships and bonds I have with by girls.
Inside
The inside of the card featured a personal note to each bridesmaid which was tweaked a little for each person but the overall message was this (which was adapted or taken from a notecard that a woman at Papersource introduced me to one day):

"There are few moments in life when you get to pick those few favorite people to stand in line next to and face the world"

Supplies:
  • Cardstock of your choice - I used an ivory cardstock purchased from Michael's
  • Envelopes - I used small white one's approximately 3x5 that I had laying around the house
  • Paper trimmer - to each notecard to size
  • Powerpoint - this was my program of choice but you can use whatever you're comfortable with
  • Stamps of course
I designed them in powerpoint so I was able to print them double-sided (on a regular inkjet printer) so I had to manually feed the paper but they turned out nicely. These were an easy project to tackle but I still ran into some roadblocks along the way, but nothing that has discouraged me from growing my list of prospective DIY projects.

I look forward to sharing more of my projects as they get underway so stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment